Page updated 1.2.2023
Applying to playing and singing instruction
- The application period is 1.2.-30.4.2023.
- The application form: https://pmo.eepos.fi/#/forms/111
- Applicants are invited to an appointment, where teachers find out the suitability of the instrument with the applicant, and discuss the studies. The appointments will be held Wed 31.5. – Thu 1.6. between 2–8 pm. Applicants will be notified by e-mail of the more detailed schedules of the events no later than Wed 17.5.
- The selection results will be announced to all applicants on Fri 9.6.2023. New pupils begin their studies in August.
The Tampere branch offers instruction in every subject. View the subjects instructed in other branches here: https://pmo.fi/en/contact/branches. If your instrument instruction is not offered in your area, you can come to Tampere for lessons.
Fill out the application form to indicate which instrument you are applying for. Applicants who do not yet know what instrument they would like to play can explore web pages https://pmo.fi/en/playing-instruction/instruments and https://pmo.fi/en/suzuki/instruments and instrument demonstration videos on our YouTube Channel. You can also select “I do not know yet” on the application form, and try more instruments on the appointment days in May.
We also recommend attending to instrument demonstration and try out events (the information will be completed in early 2023):
- Kaikki soittaa! (Everyone plays!) -concert Sat 1.4.2023 at 3 pm at Tampere Hall
Applying to the choirs (Tactus and Sympaatti)
- The application period starts 1.2.2023 and continues until 13.8.2023
- The application form is here: https://pmo.eepos.fi/#/forms/112
- Auditions will be held in August after 13.8.
- New pupils begin their studies in August.
Children and youth can study choir singing first in Children’s choir Tactus and then in Youth choir Sympaatti. To Tactus we admit girls and boys with singing skills and who are at school in grades 2–5 in Spring 2023. To Sympaatti we admit 6th-graders and older girls with singing and music reading skills.
In the Tactus audition the applicants sing an optional song without accompaniment. Their vocal range and musicality will also be tested.
In the Sympaatti audition the applicants sing the melody part of the song “On suuri sun rantas autius” as a part of a four-part quartet. Their music reading skills, vocal range, and musicality will also be tested.
For more information of the auditions, please contact: Emmi Kleemola, director of the choirs, phone: +358 44 379 1273, email: email@example.com.
General information about applying to the music institute
New students will be admitted to vacant student places. The number varies from year to year by instrument and students’ hometowns. See more about student places here.
Applying does not require previous skills.